What is MyChoicesMyPlan and how does it work?
- Simple on-line survey with a data base and report generator.
- Best viewed as a twenty-eight question multiple choice quiz.
- Students answer survey questions.
- Student-written plan generated upon completion.
- PDF copies of the plan are available with access code / site license.
- All account details are deleted after one week to protect user privacy.
What is our promise to you?
Simply help teachers, students, and school administrators meet WIOA and IDEA mandates.
- We help Special Education Teachers take a load off of their paperwork and time demand plates.
- We help high school students make quality plans for their lives.
- We help school administrators meet state and federal laws in special and regular education.
- We save you: Hours, weeks, and months of headaches (plus money).
What if a student forgets their password?
- Students can retrieve passwords by clicking the “Forgot Password?” link found on the “Sign In” form
- Click upon the “Forgot Password?” link.
- The student is redirected to the “Forgot Password” form.
- The student enters email address provided at registration and clicks on “Submit” button.
- The student will receive an email from MyChoicesMyPlan with a new password.
- The student will need to enter new password and reset the account.
- After successful login the user will need to update a new password in “My Account” Section.
What are the features?
- User friendly.
- Designed so that tutorials and training are not needed.
- Onboard Quickly.
- Accommodations built in.
- Easy to log in, log out, and re-start.
- Easy to implement in class or individually.
- Easy to share the resulting plan.
What are the benefits?
- Creates a student-centered, student-directed AND student-written plan.
- Guides education and career decision-making in one document.
- Increases engagement of students with special needs to participate in creating student centered plans.
- Communicates students’ objectives, goals and preferences efficiently at student IEP (Individual Education Plan) meetings.
- Standardizes the planning process.
- Keeps the process organized.
- Solves the problem of not having enough time to make quality plans.
What does the current research say about MyChoicesMyPlan?
- Of 600 conference attendees at the Great Minds Conference at Esko High School, Esko Minnesota on 1/19/2015, 24 Teachers, Special Education Teachers and High School Guidance counselors participated in a break out session. Educators used the web based planning software: “MYCHOICESMYPLAN” to create their own person centered plan.
- Two questionnaires were administered.
- Prior to participants using the planning software “confidence” questions were rated on a ten point scale by participants.
- After completing the web based planning software, participants were asked to rate “confidence” questions on a ten point scale.
- “10” was rated as the most confident.
“1” was rated as the least confident.
- 5.83 out of 10. Given the assessment and planning tools you currently use, how confident are you that those tools help your students create S.M.A.R.T. plans for life after high school?
- POST-TEST (after using MyChoicesMyPlan):
- 8.29 out of 10. How confident are you that MyChoicesMyPlan is better than other tools you have used to help students create S.M.A.R.T. plans for life after high school?
What differentiates MyChoicesMyPlan from other worthy programs?
The Top Elements that make “MyChoicesMyPlan” a Game Changer in Planning:
- No prep work required.
- No facilitation or training needed.
- Students can complete the program independently.
- One session to complete, typically in under a class period.
- Documents meeting federal and state mandates concretely.
- Results in one document that is easily shared.
- Produces a comprehensive assessment.
- “It made me think about my life and my future choices.”
- “I think everyone should take it.”
- “…it makes you seriously think about what you’re gonna do with your life.”
- I liked that it made you think about what you want to do and what it takes to get there.”
- “In the end it showed what I was and was not ready to do.”
- “I liked it because it was interesting and told me what I want, should do and like to do most in my life.”
- “…about me, not much thinking.”
- “ …helps you figure out what you do or don’t know about your life.”
- “It’s fun and gives you a direction.”
- “It made me think about what I actually knew about myself.”
- “I liked all the ideas it shot out at me.”
- “It made me think about what I wanted to do in the future.”
What is the value MyChoicesMyPlan offers?
By using MyChoicesMyPlan you:
- Make every plan for after high school matter.
- Build a system to increase student participation in their education.
- Communicate student’s interests, needs and goals effortlessly.
- Streamline collecting and sharing critical student information.
Our Services Extended / Location