What is MyChoicesMyPlan and how does it work?
- MyChoicesMyPlan is a simple Survey, data base, and report generator.
- MyChoicesMyPlan is a twenty-eight question multiple choice quiz.
- Students answer survey questions.
- A student-written plan is generated upon completion.
- PDF copies of the plan for life, school and work are automatically emailed to both the teacher and student.
- All account details are deleted after one week to protect user privacy.
What is our promise to you?
MyChoicesMyPlan helps busy teachers, overwhelmed counselors, students, clients and administrators meet government mandates.
- Our D.U.M.B. technology will help you create S.M.A.R.T. plans.
- We use DUMB to describe our technology: Doable, Understandable, Meaningful and Beneficial.
- We promise a resulting plan that is SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.
- The only plans that work are the plans in which ownership exists and we help you place the ownership where it belongs.
- The freedom MyChoicesMyPlan promises you includes saving: Hours, weeks, and months of headaches. Plus some money.
What if a student forgets their password?
- Students can retrieve passwords by clicking the “Forgot Password?” link found on the “Sign In” form
- Click upon the “Forgot Password?” link.
- The student is redirected to the “Forgot Password” form.
- The student enters email address provided at registration and clicks on “Submit” button.
- The student will receive an email from MyChoicesMyPlan with a new password.
- The student will need to enter new password and reset the account.
- After successful login the user will need to update a new password in “My Account” Section.
What are the features?
- User friendly.
- Designed so that lengthy tutorials and training are not required.
- Allows students or clients to “Onboard Quickly.”
- Designed with accommodations already built in.
- Easy for students to log on, log off, take a break, come back and re-start where they left off.
- Easy to implement in class, in resource rooms, as homework, in advisory periods, in study halls, in homerooms, in computer labs or at home… with or without assistance.
- Easy to share the resulting PDF SMART Plan from school to school, class to class, teacher to teacher and teacher to parents.
What are the benefits?
- Creates a student-centered, student-directed AND student-written plan, so you as a Teacher, Case-Manager and Counselor don’t have to…
- Guides education and career decision-making school year after school year in one document.
- Increases engagement of both students with special needs and their peers to participate in creating student centered plans.
- Communicates students’ objectives, goals, preferences, accommodations and steps to success efficiently with parents and staff attending student meetings.
- Standardizes the planning process.
- Keeps the process organized.
- Solves the problem of not having enough time to make quality and real student centered plans.
What are the results from the current research on MyChoicesMyPlan?
A little research…
Of 600 conference attendees at the Great Minds Conference at Esko High School, Esko Minnesota on 1/19/2015, 24 Teachers, Special Education Teachers and High School Guidance counselors participated in a break out session. Educators used the web based planning software: “MYCHOICESMYPLAN” to create their own person centered plan.
Two questionnaires were administered.
Prior to participants using the planning software “confidence” questions were rated on a ten point scale by participants.
After completing the web based planning software, participants were asked to rate “confidence” questions on a ten point scale.
“10” was rated as the most confident.
“1” was rated as the least confident.
The most impressive result:
5.83 out of 10. Given the assessment and planning tools you currently use, how confident are you that those tools help your students create S.M.A.R.T. plans for life after high school?
POST-TEST (after using MyChoicesMyPlan):
8.29 out of 10. How confident are you that MyChoicesMyPlan is better than other tools you have used to help students create S.M.A.R.T. plans for life after high school?
What makes this program different from other worthy programs?
The Top Elements that make “MyChoicesMyPlan” a Game Changer in Planning:
Simplifies and streamlines the planning process.
Doesn’t add more work for you.
No preparation work required.
Doesn’t require facilitation and training to administer.
Students can complete the program independently.
Doesn’t require you to direct the goals or steps.
One session to complete, typically in under a class period.
Doesn’t require weeks of time and/or multiple activities.
Doesn’t require you to pay for using the program before experiencing the value.
Engages students to write their own plans for life, school and work.
Doesn’t require you to write their plans for them.
Documents meeting federal and state mandates simply in one document.
Doesn’t require coordinating a series of activities to prove mandates were met.
Results in one document that is easily shared with students, parents, other teachers, and concerned other service providers.
Doesn’t require interpreting, analyzing and synthesizing survey/assessment results.
Produces a comprehensive “self-assessment” allowing teachers, parents, educators and students to monitor yearly progress.
Doesn’t limit evaluation of one domain of life at a time.
“It made me think about my life and my future choices.”
“I think everyone should take it.”
“…it makes you seriously think about what you’re gonna do with your life.”
I liked that it made you think about what you want to do and what it takes to get there.”
“In the end it showed what I was and was not ready to do.”
“I liked it because it was interesting and told me what I want, should do and like to do most in my life.”
“…about me, not much thinking.”
“ …helps you figure out what you do or don’t know about your life.”
“It’s fun and gives you a direction.”
“It made me think about what I actually knew about myself.”
“I liked all the ideas it shot out at me.”
“It made me think about what I wanted to do in the future.”
What's the Value?
By using MyChoicesMyPlan you can:
Make every plan for after high school matter.
Build a system to increase student participation in their education.
Communicate student’s interests, needs and goals effortlessly.
Empower students to write their own plans.
Streamline collecting and sharing critical student information.
Save time. Save headaches. Save money.
Place the ownership of the planning process on to the student or learner.
Use a planning tool that is faster, better, cheaper and simpler than all the rest.